Dont know what they are called but

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by kjprince, May 31, 2005.

1. kjprince

kjprince Member

They are the butterfly like hold downs that are used to hold down the intake AND exhast for the 230 Inline 6. My local parts stores pretty much said SOL and to look in wreaking yards for them but I would think someone would have them. They are the things that go on the bolt/studs that go inbetween the ports for the intake and exhast and are 6 of them some bigger some smaller. anyone know where i can get them online or if our host carries them (couldnt find them though) also what are they called?
    :( :( :( :( :( :( :(

2. 61Apache

61Apache Member

RE: Dont know what they are called

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-31-05 AT 02:52 PM (CST)]I've heard them called "manifold dogs" before, but I'm sure they're called many other things(manifold bolt washers, oval shaped goomdingys, those #$&^%@ things I lost). I would try Tom Langdon at Stovebolt engine company first. www.stoveboltengineco.com Tom has many parts that arent always listed on his site, so try a phone call to him if you dont see them. As a last resort, your local dealer could probably get them, for a pretty penny. HTH

3. chevy_man_3

chevy_man_3 Member

If you go to your dealer here is the part number for the "exhaust clamp" 3792519

Vince

4. kjprince

kjprince Member

thank you for the part number....i will check it out asap

Kevin