Door glass 1954 3100

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Stealth, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Stealth

Stealth Member

We're is the correct placement of the door glass onto the channel for a 1954 Chevy 3100

2. Fifthchild

Fifthchild Member

rps20200726_235323.jpg The pic above shows how the passenger side glass is mounted into the channel using either glass setting tape made of cork and rubber or a glass adhesive in a tube both of which are available from our sponser. I used the latter with great success. The slot on the channel goes towards the inside of the cab allowing the insertion of the window regulator wheel which moves the glass up and down.
    I hope this answers your question.

Last edited: Jul 27, 2020
  3. Stealth

Stealth Member

Yes thank you . One other question then please. Does the window go all the way down ?? One both bind 3/4 of the way down. I com force em but not sure they go all the way down . They both stop (or bind) at the same level .

4. coilover

coilover Member

Supposed to go all the way down. If it doesn't the usual problem is that either the metal channel or the felt is out of position. With the window all the way up a flashlight and mirror will let you check out both.

5. Fifthchild

Fifthchild Member

When checking with your flashlight as coilover has suggested, be sure the vent window division post is bolted to the bracket inside the door frame at the bottom of the post as this alignes and stabilizes the vent assembly to the door allowing the window to move freely up and down without binding. These bolts are sometimes not installed because they are a p.i.t.a. to reach.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 2, 2020