Dye

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by bjs70c10, Oct 31, 2004.

1. bjs70c10

bjs70c10 Member

Howdy fellas. I have a set of light blue arm rests and a blue dash pad from a 70 c/10; problem is I painted the pickup a different color. I need them to be black now. I can't seem to find any product from Chevy Duty to accomplish that (maybe I'm looking in the wrong spot on the website). I have been told they can be dyed, however. Does anybody know what kind of dye to use and where to get it?
    Thanks and God Bless,
    Brian

2. DrMike

DrMike Member

Hey Brian,

You won't find such a thing on the ChevyDuty website.

The arm rests can have their color changed by going to place that sells automotive spray paints. Several manufacturers make spray paint that is made for vinyl fabrics. I changed my arm rests and the steering wheel of my truck from gray to black and blue to black respectively.

The dash pad may be a bit more difficult. I imagine it is made of a carpet type material or a velour. You can try good old RIT Dye from the grocery or hardware store, soaking it in a bucket. The only thing if it is a carpet type material, it may have to use a carpet dye. That may be expensive.

Hope this helps!

Dr. Mike