Fentons and glass pacs

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ronaldg, Oct 16, 2011.

1. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

well after trying flowmasters on and listining to them I decided to go with 22 inch glass pacs they sound like the good old days very happy with them.

2. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

fentons and glass pacs pics

Heres pics of my new set up

Attached Files:

3. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

This looks very good Ron !

:)Looks good Ron.

The facts Deadzone gave us at the forum last week whas intresting reading but what are your experiences with your new setup ? Do you notice any engine performance drop as you have installed dual Carbs/dual intake/dual exhaust ? It looks very nice indeed.
    I have bought most of the parts my self except from the dual exhaust system. Wanna install evreything next spring.

I have an question Ron , do you need to buy a whole new dual exhaust system or is it possable to reuse the one of the old setup in the new system ? What does an complete new dual exhaust system cost together with glass Packs ?

Thanks for sharing your pictures Martinius.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  4. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    I did the same only thing different was a crossover pipe that Willard suggested. I have 30" Plass-Paks and like the sound. Just loud enough, just manly enough but still able to talk in the cabin. Plus with the price of everything else....Glasspaks are cheap!

Flashlight

5. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

daul exhaust not daul carbs

Matinus i havant added daul carbs yet and it seems that i have a little more horse power driving home from East LA about 60 miles it sounded really nice and i do think it felt like a little more horsepower toatal cost was 360.00 and i shopped around a lot but this guy has been around for probably as long as the truck. they put on 3 different mufflers so i could hear them there werent exact name brand mufflers but he said the same basic product. I am very happy with the quality of the work and the time it took 5 hours by the way the prices that i got ranged from 750.00 on down to 300.00 all in LA.

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Twice Pipes

FWIW , as Joe mentioned , the crossover that NO ONE ever bothers with , is the key to making a street driver run best with split exhaust manifolds or Fentons ~ most prefer the rapping noise over actual power & smooth running .

The longer the glass pack , the better & deeper the sound .

That looks very nice indeed .

How about a linky to video of it running so we can hear the exhaust when you goose it ? .

7. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

Video

i need somthing to do a video with nate

8. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Video

LOL ! I just assume everyone else has a device , like the Cell 'Phone as I see so many pix & videos taken with them .

:)

9. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Video making

Is it fysically posseble to download a video to this site or is the easyer way to go for the YouTube solution ?

It would be great fun to have a project together where this forum users made there one short video of the truck/car and downloaded here or we could ask hour host to help us putting it together for a presentation here on the site ?

What do guys think of the idea ? Martinius:)

10. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Picture of the crossover pipe solution thank you Flashlight !!

Hi there Flashlight

It would be great to see a picture of the crossover pipe you`d mentioned.

Bye Martinius.

11. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Youtube it and post a link.

12. federale

federale Member

Re:

I use photobucket.:p