First timer

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by GUNSLINGER, Mar 5, 2006.

1. GUNSLINGER

GUNSLINGER Member

Greetings all,
    Registered here a long time ago but life just kept me from posting.
    So howdy! I own a 71 k-20, I believe it 'was' a shortbed, it has a flat bed on it now because a genius in a trackhoe hit the bed with the bucket and crushed it. So the contractor put this flatbed on it for the previous owner. The bed throws me, its short, but the wheelbase looks short too.
    I had alot of fun finding brake drums for it but got it done. If anyone needs 8 lug 9/16" drums e mail me or PM me, I can hook you up with the place in Vegas that took care of me.
    Anyway the truck is a little too far gone to restore, the cab is wrinkled at the d/s bottom from a rock impact (previous owner, I havent been able to take it out yet) and I live in the desert with miles of off-road area, since it already is a little bit of a rough lookin customer, I figure I might as well go with the off road theme. But not the pansy ones you see runnin around I want a "My God" reaction to the rugged appearance I want my truck to have. I want military people to take notice.
    I'm looking for new locking hubs, fuel tanks, p/s door skin, winch bumper.
    thanks for your time,

2. 69Chev4by

69Chev4by Member

I don't believe they made a shortbed 3/4-ton. Be sure to order a Free Catalog from the Chevy Duty home page menu. I got mine and I'm working my way thru my wants. It has most of the body parts you'd want. Driveline gear - depending on how off-road you want, there are a lot of providers for axles, gears, lift kits, lockers, etc.

I also have an F-250 with flatbed I take to the Death Valley region. Lots of great off-roading out there, and in Panamint Valley just west of DVNP. The Panamint Valley Days group has a jeep road-eo, and if you want to see some pretty nice jeeps, that's the place to go. The Panamint Charlie website has some videos of his off-roading, plus the trip reports and still photos.