For Sale: Lakeroadster's 1965 C10 Hot Rod Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks for Sale' started by Lakeroadster, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

For Sale

1965 Chevrolet C10 Pickup. Short Wheel Base Step Side

$9,500.00

I have documented the changes I have made to the ole Orange Crate in a "Build Thread". For more information check it out at

Build Thread https://talk.classicparts.com/showthread.php?t=13928
    Video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NjXdq3TC9eM

[​IMG]

This truck steers and stops like a mid 1960's truck. If you want a true old school hot rod truck, like the one's you remember from the 1960's look closer at this one. It has "armstrong" steering, "legstrong" brakes and "55 mph wind wing" ventilation. If you've never driven a vehicle without power steering or without power disc brakes this truck likely isn't for you.

Truck has an aftermarket cam (loaping idle) & long tube headers, installed by the previous owner. I installed 2-1/2" diameter glass pack mufflers and dual exhausts that run all the way to the back of the truck. Sounds retro 1960 - 1970 Hot Rod?

I bought this truck in Aug. 2008. The drive train is pretty much as it was when I purchased it. The engine and transmission are not original to the truck and I have no idea how many miles are on the drivetrain, or on the truck. The only major drivetrain components I changed are new heavy duty CPP 4" drop rear coil springs and updated the wheels to aluminum slots and changed the tires to Goodyear Wrangler Silent Armor 33X12.50R15LT rear and P235/75R15 front.

The bed I widened 4 inches by cutting it down the center. I removed the stock gas tank from the cab and installed a new "Tanks, Inc." 1949 Chevy passenger car tank in the rear frame of the truck. Truck has new 1964 Impala rear tail lights, new GM Suburban third brake light, custom welded steel spare tire carrier, 1967 Camaro Dash, new low back bucket seats, 1970's Blazer floor console, new Lokar floor mount hand brake, new Hurst '57 Chevy 4-speed floor shifter, new Auto Meter Gauges (speedometer, tachometer, oil pressure, water temperature, voltmeter, fuel level, vacuum).

It has faux patina paint that I applied right over the top of the 50 years of dents and dings that it wears proudly. If you are wanting a clean, straight, ready to paint truck, or a show quality paint job this isn't the truck for you. The cab of the truck has had bodywork and a repaint many years ago, a long time before I got the truck. Front lower fenders will need lower patch panels, which I have but have not installed. Doors will also need some lower outer panel repairs, I have one patch panel for that also. The passenger side cab corner would need some work too. But as an old Hot Rod truck it's lookin good and is good to go as is.

The truck, as it currently sits, has more than $10,000 in new purchased parts. This is above and beyond the original 2008 purchase price and all my labor to make it what it is today.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2015
  2. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

?

John, I think your price is right.
    This just screams the question, WHY?
    I know it is none of my business.
    I hope everything is OK.
    Maybe another project?

3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

No Worries

Thanks for the reply Steve. All is well, just thinning out the herd.

4. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Sold! Headed to New Zealand. Good Buy Old Friend, Have Fun!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Special Delivery - 3 Months Later

Here are some photo's the new owner sent me of him and the truck in New Zealand.

I know I am hardly impartial, but that is one good lookin' truck. :cool:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

CHEAP Truck

I see it sold in a trice John ;

I told everyone it was cheap all things considered .

Was the buyer found here or elsewhere ? .

7. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

I posted a classified over on the H.A.M.B. too Nate That's where the buyer saw it.