Fredericksburg Texas Christmas parade

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Bill Hanlon, Dec 7, 2019.

1. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

The Christmas Parade here is a big deal every year. Perfect weather this year. Around 60 degrees.
    A huge turnout, about a mile long with people 6 to 8 deep on both sides of the road.
    There is video from the Austin Texas (90 miles away) CBS station here WATCH ON DEMAND 'Light the Night Christmas Parade' in Fredericksburg
    I show up at 46-47 minutes into the video and again at 48 minutes. Pretty far from the camera though.

GREAT FUN.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 7, 2019
  2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

I don't have a "hand throttle" cable attached to my Carter YF carb. I unhooked the spring that controls closing of choke butterfly to allow me to use the choke cable like a throttle cable. Makes it easier to hold a walking speed in granny gear during the parade.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  3. 52wasp

52wasp Member

Nicely done!

4. coilover

coilover Member

Got to take my wife back to Fredericksburg so she can visit the Sunday Houses. Last time spent the whole day at the Pacific War Museum (got kicked out at closing time) and it was too late for Sunday House visiting. Life long friends widow lives in Kerrville so cover two with one trip. Visiting at parade time would be a bonus. Night time parade is indeed neat.