Free Parts!!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by f4fantm2, Apr 10, 2010.

1. f4fantm2

f4fantm2 Member

I need to get some stuff out of my barn and if anyone needs any of the following items, all you have to do is come and get them. I have a 216 engine that was running when I took it out; an enclosed drive shaft/rear axle; and a 3-speed transmission. I'm located about 35 mi south of Louisville, Ky, about 10 minutes off I-65. PM me if you're interested in any of this stuff. Thanks,

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Hey Bob!

Question for you. What year model is the torque tube setup? Reason for asking is simple. Huck brake vs. bendix brake setup. If it is '51 or newer (1/2 ton), then it has the desirable bendix brakes and would be a great set up for '50 and earlier truck owners to upgrade their old huck brake system (at least on the rear) and while they are at it, drop a 3:55 to 1 unit in the rear. Something to think about.

3. f4fantm2

f4fantm2 Member

Hey Ken!

All the parts I have came off a '50 model truck, and I'm assuming all the parts are original to that truck. I never got into the rear brakes on that axle at all, so I don't have a clue what kind of brakes it has on it. However, if someone is really interested, and can tell me what to look for, I will check.

If anyone is interested in any of these parts, e-mail me at marbobhig@bardstowncable.net. I'm into my next project, which is a '71 MGB, and I've been spending most of my online time in an MGB forum, and visit this one very rarely. I just hate to see these old truck parts go to waste, and don't want to scrap them.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

! Ping !

You've got MAIL ! :) .