Front and rear axle weight.

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by speedfreak, Oct 2, 2000.

1. speedfreak

speedfreak Member

[font size=1" color="#FF0000]LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-00 AT 07:55 AM (CST)[/font][p]Hi all, I just found this board, and was hoping someone might be able to help me. I am working on a 64 shortbed fleetside 2wd. I am building a front tube subframe for it and going to use an air suspension. Like an idiot I forgot to scale the truck before I put it up on the frame table and started hacking away. Now I am trying to figure out what airsprings I want to use in the front. I have rode in a truck that used the Air Ride Technologies air system and it rode way to stiff in the front. So I want to design something better. If I knew what the truck scaled out on each axle then I could chosse a proper spring rate for it.

So to make a long post short, has anyone out there had their truck on a scale to know what both ends weigh? Or would anyone with a shortbed be willing to go scale theirs for me, I would gladly compensate you for the scale fee.

Thank you very much, and sorry I was so windy.
    Daren

If anyone would like to see some photos of what I have done so far, feel free to take a look. http://www.eboard.com/speedfreak

2. Craig

Craig Guest

I don't know the axle weights,hopefully someone will go weigh theirs.I would like to see more pictures of it when you get closer to finishing it.Definitely is going to be a good looking truck.
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com

3. speedfreak

speedfreak Member

Thank you Craig, I have a long way to go before I finish, I am awefully slow worker, but I am hoping it will look decent when I get done. I'll let you know when I add more photos later on.

4. Bowtie

Bowtie Member

You are in luck. First time here at this msg board and already I can help.

It has been a few years but I found my slip. this is for a 65
    short bed step side, 350/th350 15x8 aluminum rims 275/60r 15, with the stock springs and a full tank of gas

front = 2100
    rear = 1460

allot has changed since then but that is how it was, without driver.

Hapy motoring

5. speedfreak

speedfreak Member

Bowtie, THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!!!!!!!!!!!!! I owe you a big one my friend! Let me know if I can help you out sometime.
    Daren