Fuel Filter and hose

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by codyfox, Feb 8, 2010.

1. codyfox

codyfox Member

Okay, I have my truck now (1053 Chevy 3100) and very excited to get started on it. I will post some pics as soon as I can.
    I am a novice when it comes to dealing with my engine and parts associated with it and that is why a big reason I am here so I can share my thoughts and enjoy all the other posts and help that you guys give.

Question: I see that there is a small drip where the rubber hose connects to the fuel outlet( I believe that is what it's called). I looked underneath and looks like I need to replace the hose and the fuel filter(dirty and old). Oh, I have a small block 350 in the truck. I really wish I had the original but I don't. Any advice on replacing this hose and filter and tips? I bet it is easy but just want to ask you all.
    Let me know if I need to add details or pics...
    Thanks,

Cody

Last edited: Feb 8, 2010
  2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Bend most of it with metal brake line. Put small piece of rubber hose to connect filter and then to carb. DO NOT let this go, it WILL light up.....ask me how I know????

3. codyfox

codyfox Member

Thanks

I had a good friend at the shop said he would fix it so I am leaving it to him. Thanks for the info. I'd rather not have a chance for it to light up in my garage. lol...

Cody