Fyi

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Suggestions' started by Keystoner, Sep 8, 2006.

1. Keystoner

Keystoner Member

Robert,

Just noticed this when I signed in tonight. This is a copy and paste of what was displayed in the upper right of the screen.

Welcome, Keystoner.
    You last visited: 12-31-1969 at 11:00 PM

In 1969 I think I was still in diapers.:confused:

Also, something to think about.... When you are in a particular forum, let's say the 1947-54 forum, use only those years as the truck pictures that you display. Currently there are 7 truck pics and only one is 47-54, I think.

In the 55-59 forum use only pics from those years and so on.

Keep up the good work.

Tom

2. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

Was that the first time you had logged into the new forums? The last login information wasn't transferred from the old forums, and that's the date it shows if you were registered before the switch (late July) and you logged into the new forums for the first time.

Boring technical stuff: Dates and times are stored in the forum database as the number of seconds since midnight GMT on January 1st, 1970. If you haven't logged into the new forums before, this number will default to 0, and you will see a date and time close to the above (with an offset based on your selected time zone and/or Daylight Saving Time setting).

3. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

4. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

Haha, yeah I guess I got a little too carried away with my post there! That kind of stuff interests me though; that's why I do computer stuff for a living :)

5. 66 KUSTOM

66 KUSTOM Member

D Val, Is That An Actual Pic Of You? :D

6. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

No... But I've also done computer stuff my whole career. Started over 35 years ago on IBM mainframes with punchcard input and teletype output. ( no CRT in those days ! ) ;)

Val