Garage/shop dimensions

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by Arizona64, Mar 26, 2004.

1. Arizona64

Arizona64 Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Mar-26-04 AT 01:34 PM (CST)]I'm about to build a shop specially made to work on my truck. The lot I live in is limited in size and subject to all kinds of set-back rules, etc. I need to know what the bare minimum dimensions of a workshop would be. One where I can fit the truck in, have ample room to work around, and have some shelf and workbench space. I'm sure some of you may have done this already, which is why I'm asking.

By the way, I own a 64' Chevy short-wide bed.

Regards,
    Arizona64

2. gm61

gm61 Member

Usually any 2 car garage would work but if you want to go bigger then i would suggest a 30x40 building. It gives you plenty of room to tear down and store parts in one area while you work in the other. I have a 30x40 and i love it. It also gives you enough area if you need to fabricate anything large. YOu can have the chassis in one area and the cab-bed in another and still have enough room to work.

Hope this helps you out,

GM61 I have a '61 GMC longbed fleetside.

3. sub_tote

sub_tote Member

Go as big as you can possibly afford. You can NEVER have enough room for your toys , treasures , and spontaneuos deals. If your lot and set back regulations restrict length and width consider a tall ceiling with a lift or two to park one on top and one under, they are pretty affordable.
    Good luck
    Chris