Gas petal replacement?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by fielddad, Feb 2, 2012.

1. fielddad

fielddad Member

I am using a 1972 250cu.in. inline 6 with a powerglide in my 1950 3100 truck but would like to replace the gas petal with a later cable style. If anyone has tried this I would like to know what they used.

2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Use a hot rod spoon pedal and a throttle cable. I am running this set up, you can get it from Summit for cheap.

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Lokar is your answer! They have a lot of different applications and styles. I've got one on my '34 F*%d PU and after Bill Hanlon and I tweaked it, it is a great set-up!

4. indybowtie

indybowtie Member

Went to a pic-a-part, found an early 80's Chevy truck, got the pedal, cable, brackets, and linkage connectors all for $5. Bought new throttle springs from LAPS. Works perfect! I put it on my 283, but you might have to fab a different mounting bracket for the 6. If I had not already cut the floor mat for the old stock pedal you would never know it did not come with the truck. Rubber cover even matches the brake and clutch covers.

5. fielddad

fielddad Member

Thanks all I'm going to take a look at all of these suggestions. I hope to set the cab back on sometime next week then the fun begins. Throttle linkage ,stering ,wireing harness and the list goes on.