Gas tank?

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by paul head, Nov 25, 2001.

1. paul head

paul head Member

Where do i find after market gas tanks? I have looked everywhere.

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

If you mean between the frame jobs,, ##### carries them. But I would NOT recommend them. They hang way too low for safty. You can go the custom rear-mount route as well. Checl vendors in Custom Classic Trucks magazine.

Try local wrecking yards for the in the cab mounted tanks, or, better yet, move the tank to the rear frame rails using a Blazer, Jeep or other tank that could fit. Getting the tank out of the cab is something I think all truck folks should contimplate.

DV

3. speedball

speedball Member

I assume you want the tank removed from the cab to the rear of the truck under the bed. You can check my web page, I have some pictures of what I did and how I did it.
    There are many manufacturers of after market gas tanks and all's you have to do is read the ads from Classic Trucks, Custom Classic Truck or Truck Builders to find sources.
    http://www.geocities.com/richmond2_99/64PU.html

4. gordodog

gordodog Member

I have a stock gas tank in real good condition for a 66 pickup with the straps floor brackets and all, sender works too.

5. Ralphieboy

Ralphieboy Member

Brotherstrucks.com has a poly tank with mounting straps and sending unit for 269.95. They have it listed as being for 63-66 but I think it will do well in earlier years as well. The best way to find that out would be to contact their tech dept. Good Luck in moving your tank from inside the cab!!!:7

6. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

That's the one I was referring to in the post above

7. Craig

Craig Guest

We carry the poly tank also but as Dvalentine said,it hangs dangerously low.It best to go with a stainless tank from Rock Valley.