Going whole hog

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Jan 23, 2006.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Stood in front of the mirror and told myself...man your 69 years old, don't golf, hunt, fish, drink, smoke, and to old and slow to chase fast women so just as well do a real project to keep out of the domino hall. Was given a 302 jimmy from a military truck and have decided to make a overhead cam 12 port head for it. Havent decided to go for the single OHC like the pontiac sprint 6 cylinder in the late sixties or a dual overhead cam like several of the foreign engines. I do know it will have the old Hilborn or Enderle injector bodies for looks but modern EFI for dependability. All the usual bolt on bells and whistles but the're made by others so not exciting. When I told my wife it would probably take a year she did everything but shout "PTL". I think she might consider me a bit underfoot since she retired. I know the guys at my shop will be glad to have me not telling them how it was done in the 50's. Seems silly when a jag, old toyota inline six, and others have already been done but I think it's good to keep the old brain limber.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yeah !! GO for it Even ! .

Just remember to keep at least _one_ old nail up and running to drive to the coffe shop or garage, wherever it is you go to think and ponder....

-Nate