good dyes for seats?

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by nerfherder78, May 23, 2006.

1. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

I have a pair of seats from an '87 Suburban I want to put in my truck. The seats are blue (velour w/ vinyl back) and my interior is black. There are no rips or tears, only the padding in two of the armrests needs to be replaced. I just spent a lot of money converting my truck to a diesel, so I'd like to have another option besides reupholstering them. I looked at seat covers, but haven't seen any with armrests. I'm wondering if there are any good dyes out there, that wont end up on my clothes, or if anyone knows where I can find some seat covers for high back bucket seats with 2 armrests.

Thanks in advance
    Craig

2. DJRolley

DJRolley Member

Dye Dye Dye

Do a google for dying carpet there are a bunch of companies that do residential, commercial and vehicles. As for seat covers Classics and LMCtruck have them. Good luck

3. Nefarious79

Nefarious79 Member

SEM dye(color coat) works great on most upholsterys. But for the most durable and longest lasting I would use Leatherique, its a liquid based dye that is somewhat inexpenive compared to what completely reupolstering your truck would cost.

Classic Parts has SEM Color Coat.

4. zeitlerusmc

zeitlerusmc Member

I would go with seat covers!

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Upholstery Dye

I use Mar-Hyde upholstery dye , it's good stuff but you must clean the upholstery 100 % first ! .