Grill Help

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by klif47, Sep 12, 2002.

1. klif47

klif47 Member

My 61 C10 grill is about gone to dust. The parts that hold the headlighs in are also eaten away (I'm keeping the headlighs in now by jamming thin pieces of wood shims in on all 4 sides). I could buy a new grill but I'm thinking of replacing it with something different. I remember, in the 60s, that JC Whitney used to sell custom grills for just about everything, mostly made out of chrome tubing.
    My problem is to find something that will look semi decent and also have a place for headlights (maybe 4 halgoen lights). Any idea of some aftermarket place that might have something like that or something that would go to another Chevy truck that would also fit.
    Our host doesn't seem to list the headlight parts except for the springs and screws and I don't have anyplace to screw the screws or hang the springs.
    I know this can't be a new problem but I'm at a loss. Help please.
    Klif

2. David

David Member

Well, the 60-66 GMC had the 4 headlights like the 60-61 Chevy trucks.I don't know of any place that sells aftermarket grilles, but if you want to replace your current grille, the classified ads here on Chevy Duty might have something. I hope this helps.

David

3. cowboy

cowboy Member

call chevy duty they might could help. they might sell reproduction parts.
    cowboy