Happy Easter

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Zig, Mar 27, 2016.

1. Zig

Zig Member

I know there are so many on here still building their rides, but I have got to say, I <LOVE> driving mine! (Even though I still don't have a bed on mine...)
    I love the way my truck starts, and runs, and handles.
    My 228 shows no signs of giving up the ghost, the transmission shifts through the three gears I use just fine, and that Colorado rear end gets me rolling down the road just fine.
    I think the Eaton springs I installed up front add to the pleasure. The disc brakes stop my truck straight ahead without pull one way or the other, and with minimal pressure. (no booster)
    The best part is~ my wife wants to ride in it any chance she gets!
    I absolutely love driving with her around this little burg we live in.

I owe such a load of gratitude to those on here who helped me stay with it, and walked me through the technical side of things to get me to this point.

I hope those working towards their end goals get there, and enjoy their ride as much as I do mine.

...every day I can... ;)

2. coilover

coilover Member

You have exactly the RIGHT attitude---Drive Them. I would guess that 95% (or more) of the ones we do get maybe 1500 miles on them in the first year or so and they a 100 or less from then on. The hotter and badder they are the sooner they retire to the back of the barn. I think many just expect too much of a sixty some year old ride and just lapse back to their modern ride. If air noise, engine fumes, a little steering effort, more brake effort, and the lack of a bunch of bells and whistles turn you off then maybe the old truck hobby isn't really what you need. Going some place this summer in the old Buick, you want to caravan?
    Evan

3. Zig

Zig Member

Me and my bedless truck? You betchya, Evan!
    I have yet to take it on any lengthy journey, but I'm wearing the streets out around this place!

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Good to see you enjoying it Paulie .

That my Sweetie also likes to ride in my old noisy , rattly and slow truck , makes me very happy indeed .