Happy New Year

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by MN Jim, Dec 31, 2010.

1. MN Jim

MN Jim Member

Just got done replacing all the window channels and windlace and gaskets etc. on my left door on my 53. One door left to go. Hopefully I'll get that done tomorrow! If it dont snow. Hope you all have a Blessed and Happy 2011!!!!!

Jim

2. federale

federale Member

Re:

Good going Jim! Thanks for the holiday wishes and in return I wish all forum members a great 2011!

3. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

doors

I just did this on a truck. I cleaned the inside (inner door where you can cut yourself) and sprayed foam inside. The difference in sound is very noticeable. Sounds more like plywood than metal. If I ever do this again I will go to building supply and get some 1/2 foam board and press it on the foam before it dries so it will be uniform in thickness. Sound control cost a lot, foam is around $5.

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Happy new year !

To all here ! .

I spent the day working on my old S & S Victoria Hearse , replaced the steering column .

I wanted to say THANK YOU for all the camaraderie , help & encouragement I've received here over the years , it means alot to me after all these rough years that folks still want me around as I try to be helpful and make amends for my past errors .

5. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

What year is the hearse? We worked on my roomate's 62 superior in collage.

6. ccharr

ccharr Member

Same back at ya, Jim.

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

My Hearse

Is a 1980 Fleetwood based S & S Victoria conversion , a low dollar one so no suicide doors nor electric table motors etc.

It does have the all metal body & raised roof & taller windshield .

It's an ex movie car and so was kinda battered by the time I saved it fron the crusher .

We drive it to Death Valley , Halloween shows , camping , Sports Car Rally's etc. ,etc.

It's a comfy , fun touring rig .

Attached Files: