Headlamp switch 55-59

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by DrMike, Apr 27, 2001.

1. DrMike

DrMike Member

Hi Rick and Craig,

Just a note to let you know that I have just recently had replace my headlamp switch for the 4th time in less than a year. I have had to return two of them for being defective. The third one has now started consistantly arcing at the contact points.

I know this is not a problem you can fix but I am sending this messagfor your info only.

I have found a viable solution to the problem which seems to be plaguing the contact points situation. I found a universal headlamp switch at a CarQuest auto parts store here in California. It has no points on the side of the switch as the one sold in your catalog. Instead, this one has a circuit breaker system built in the switch. With a slight modification to the terminals and my wire harness, I have found it to be working without any problems at all.

The cost of this headlamp switch is $28.95 and as far as I can find, it is only sold by CarQuest. Should you desire, or anyone else for that manner, I can supply you with the stock number and a supply house phone number.

You can contact me at : chaplainlynch@yahoo.com

Thanks,
    Dr.Mike Lynch

PS: All of the many other parts I have ordered have been of fine quality and I recommend Chevy Duty to a lot of people asking about my 58 Apache restoration.

2. Craig

Craig Guest

Mike,we have switched suppliers on that switch.We find one that is a exact replacement but is better quality.If anybody has a problem let me know and we can get a replacement out.
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com

3. DrMike

DrMike Member

Well, I have had three of the old ones go bad in less than a year. Will mine be replaced again?

DrMike

4. Craig

Craig Guest

Give me a call and we will get it worked out for you.
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com