help: one piece headliner

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 50Jimmy, Sep 29, 2008.

1. 50Jimmy

50Jimmy Member

Ok, i give up. I have been wrestling with the one piece headliner i bought from classic parts for a couple of weeks. How the heck is this thing held up? How is the best way to install it? I am aggravated. Scott.

2. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I have yet to tackle that one. I would assume that it is held up around the perimiter of the cab by the windshield trim, welting and back strip.....but I could be wrong. Post a picture of it, and we'll see what we can come up with.

3. 50Jimmy

50Jimmy Member

I am the only guy that has purchased one of these headliners? Hard to imagine.

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

pictures.........

5. Chiro

Chiro Member

lots of gripes about fitting those things in previous posts.

6. ronaldg

ronaldg Member

7. brit 50

brit 50 Member

Headliner

I think Volker is the man to speak to for headliners, have you seen his one????
    Dayum!

8. 50Jimmy

50Jimmy Member

I am going to try the darn thing again this weekend. My brother is going to be in town, and I can use the extra hands. I have had the headliner in and out several times. I did discover that the metal at the top of the door opening had been bent down toward the inside of the cab, so i got out the manual impact application device and beat it into submission. I have high hopes this will do the trick. It is going to look good once it is in. I think maybe they charge too darn much for these things since they are so awkward to work with.

9. blackbeard

blackbeard Member

Dont know if this is the right way, but when mine started hanging down I used a can of headliner adhesive from auto zone to re-attch it. Pulled have it down and sprayed on the adhesive and let it dry then slowly rolled it up. Then pulled down the other side same thing. Do not let wrinkles or creases get in the headliner. I then tucked in the edges with a putty knife. I have had no other problems and it looks brand new. Do not let the adhesive get anywhere but under the headliner. Hope this helps.