Help: Removing rust from truck bed

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by robert71C20, Jun 5, 2004.

1. robert71C20

robert71C20 Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Jun-05-04 AT 11:10 PM (CST)]I need to clean the rust out of the bed of my '70 Chevy longbed, and I wanted to see what was the best method for doing this. I already wire brushed the bad spots down to bare metal, but the whole bed has surface rust and I figured I'd just get a drill with a wirebrush wheel and do the whole thing(very time consuming), then put a roll or spray in bedliner to keep it from coming back, but I'd like to paint it more than putting in a bedliner, but I'm not sure.x( The bed sides, toprails, and underside of the bed look great, just surface rust. The holes in the bed floor are about the size of a peanut.:7 I just wanted to know what you other guys would do.

Thanks

2. shelby987

shelby987 Member

RE: Help: Removing rust from truck

I would get the inside rhino lined, but color match it to the sides of the bed, and then get the underside rhino lined black. This should fill in any of those little peanut sized holes, prevent rust, and give you an alternative to the typical black bed liner while still keeping your bed in rust free condition.

just my $0.02
    -Lee

3. robert71C20

robert71C20 Member

RE: Help: Removing rust from truck

Thanks for the help, I'll probably be doing that.