Hey all you oldtimers, gather round!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Apr 14, 2012.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Ya'll ever seen this set-up? It was on a Model A tonight at the local show. I talked to the owner about it and he said that it was an accessory that you could buy from Sears in the late '40's that he retro-fitted to his '29.

002.jpg

It is filled with Marvel Mystery Oil and the guy swears by it as a cure-all to keep the valves lubed after leaded gasolines went away!

2. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Seen the setup before!

Is that a Ford 4 cylinder engine ? The Ampco container connector is installed right in to the carburettor or can be installed to the manifold as it needs vacume. It looks need and as far as i have seen an efficient setup. You dont have to remember to ad the oil every time filling up your gas tank :D
    Marvel Mystery oil comp. official website wich means Turtle Wax comp. in Canada who owns it now dont wanna tell what they are producing and i wonder why is that ? Dont you have laws in your states that says they must inform consumers about the contents of every product and mark it as not being poison or doing any harm to your health ? I understand that the comp. protects the product name and the Marvel Mystery oil patent but ..... ? Many additives , substitutes or octane boosters really dont help a shit and have no influience on better engine gas econemy neither helping your engine lasting a longer lifetime ! Anyhow ,YOU TUBE videos tells a lot positiv about this product ! Maybe they got it for free as a compensation to advertize it so we should buy the oil ?

Listnen to the old guys they know best ?:D:D

Its a "Marvelless" magicall mystery tour to me but i like the oil container system although.......more gadgets the better.:p

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqKSOZdcRwI

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  3. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

4. coilover

coilover Member

Ken, you rat, why do you lure me into the age trap? I've seen them, used them, installed them, and removed them. At one time Sears, Monkey Wards, JC Whitney, etc., all offered them along with some pretty expansive claims. Wouldn't doubt that they're on ebay pretty regularly. Google might even show someone still selling them. The guys at an old shop where I grew up said the set up did help with valve guide wear.

5. Blueflame236

Blueflame236 Member

Ampco review .

Ken i have found this review wich might intrest you ?
    http://ecomodder.com/forum/showthread.php/intake-manifold-injection-16172.html

Do you know where they produce the Ampco lubricant container products ?

Thanks Martinius.

6. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

"Top Cylinder Oilers "

Is what these were called , yes , when properly installed and adjusted , they do indeed increase engine life quite a bit .