Hood Sticks up by the hinges!!!

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by cssreb, Nov 7, 2002.

1. cssreb

cssreb Member

Hi Everyone..

I figure this might be an easy one but I am tire of playing with the hood.

A little history: The hood that came with the truck, always stuck up in the rear by the hinges when you shut the hood. You could push it down and it would stay. Then I replaced the sad hood with another one that was the same year (62 - 66) and the hood would shut fine!! then I found an original 60-61 hood. Placed it on and the rear sits up again and will not stay down.

I never removed the hinges. I do have new springs from Chevy Duty but a friend stated the hinge is what is bad (he said this without looking at them).

Has anyone else run into this problem and have any suggestions?

Thanks again to all... Russ

2. cowboy

cowboy Member

i'm haveing the same problem and so i'm sandblasting another set of hood hindges and trieing that i'll let you know how it turns out.
    cowboy
    1961 chevy 1/2 ton shortstep known as sarah

3. David

David Member

Hi Russ,
    There is 2 bolts that holds the hood hinges to the inner fenders. The back bolt that is the closest to the fire wall is the adjustment bolt.
    Loosen it just enough to move the hinges, then push upwards on the hood(at the top), and it should push downwards to fix alignment on the hood hinges.Then retighten the bolts, and that should it.;)

David