how close are classic parts dash pads? need one for my 87

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by weider1717, Jan 12, 2011.

1. weider1717

weider1717 Member

I am wanting to order their OEM like dash pad which is vinyl over foam in dark blue to replace my original which now has a crack in it.

anything different from the 2? where can I get a real deal GM one if they are differences.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

DashBoard Pads

I have no idea but if GM restoration parts still makes it , I'd go that way .

How much is the GM one and where do you get it ? co$t ? .

I'd love a new red one for my '76 .

3. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

I'm not sure but they have a lot of left over GM part they picked up form GM. So if it say GM if the price is a bit higher other knock off its match fit.
    So it should fit as good as your GM dash if it the better GM- (higher Price) Nos = new over stock from GM

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

??

WHO has a lot of overstock parts from GM ?? I supplied L.A. City's Fleet of these trucks with parts and they ran out of soft parts years & years ago..... by the end I was putting red seat belts into trucks with Saddle interiors.....

5. Pontiac1976

Pontiac1976 Member

:) Classic Parts still has some as listed in there book but you would have to call them. Because I have got some parts from them GM parts but they mostlygetting fewer all the time.