how much is it worth?

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by junker, Jan 26, 2008.

1. junker

junker Member

This is junkers son. I'm thinking about selling my '49 chevy 3800. no motor or bellhousing but truck had 350 in it before previous owner pulled it for another truck. trannys there. clear title, bed was a wood stake bed, i just pulled it off last month. dash is uncut and interior is all there except headliner. floors are solid but have been patched. needs brake. tires etc... frames solid. it is set up as a dump bed(cylinders are there but no pump) cab is solid. no rust through except fenders. have good fenders, inner fenders, a spare door. have original visor(rust free). I was planning on putting it on the road as a first vehicle but having second thoughts. just wandering how much it would be worth?

Attached Files:

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

As A 1st. Truck & Learning Experiance

..It'll be priceless as by the look of it you have perhaps $200.00 worth of junk there now but a solid base for building....

I say , go for it ! .

3. rfeldes

rfeldes Member

Nate is right...If your up to it..A fine start on down your life's endless pursuit of perfection or making things right that have gone wrong. A challenge either way.

4. junker

junker Member

what he should have said too was he has a 61 wiilys pu that we're restoring. he already is a perfectionist. wants to do everything right. which is a good thing. i dont have the time/money to do both right now. i think what he was asking is if he decided to sell the 49 to finance the 61 what should he ask. the willys is a running driving 4x4 just needs body work. i believe he'd rather have the chevy as a first truck though. much cooler looking. i own nothing but jeeps, but would love to take this truck off him for myself.lol. but he bought it with his own money so can't do that. will probably end up doing both and you all will be a big help to him thanks..doug

5. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Junker,
    Where is the truck located?
    Gater

6. junker

junker Member

nw pa along I 80 zip 16248

7. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Being that it is on the east coast and not out there in the west where it is nice and dry and these things live forever, I would say that top dollar is about $500. A lot of that value is in the visor. If it were out west it would probably be worth less. Most of our trucks east of the Mississippi are victims of moisture and all the rust it causes.
    By the way, if you decide to part it out, I've got dibs on the visor!:D
    Gater

8. junker

junker Member

ok, you've got first shot at the visor if he sells. i think the visor is one of the things he likes best about the truck.