I need help finding a HOOD

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by josh_brown162, Oct 15, 2006.

1. josh_brown162

josh_brown162 Member

Hey how is it going. I am restoring my 1951 chevy pickup and i am trying to find out if anyone knows where i can get a new or used hood. thanks

Josh Brown

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Josh, there is a place about 2 hours from you that sells chevy trucks parts called Obsolete Chevrolet Parts Co. their website is www.obschevy.com They are located in Nashville, Ga. It might be worth a road trip.

3. put-put

put-put Member

Hood for 54

I have a hood for a 54, it's the same i believe. i'm in Northwest FL near Destin. i finished my restoration and have the extra. Let me know if you're interested and i'll check further.

4. josh_brown162

josh_brown162 Member

Do you have a pic and how much are you selling it for?

5. Chiro

Chiro Member

Hood for your truck

Check the stovebolt page in the swap meet section. could have sworn I saw a guy selling at least two hoods from somewhere in Georgia. No...I'm wrong. It is on eBay. Check it out, they look good. I know Georgia is a big state, but he might be near you.

Andy

6. put-put

put-put Member

I'll have to make a picture. Can do it on Wed. I'm working tomorrow, but off rest of week. Let me look at it before setting a price. I had 2.5 trucks when i started the restoration, so i have a variety of parts left. Would you come down and pick it up?

Put-put

7. put-put

put-put Member

Okay Domehead, i have the photos and have looked at the hood. i'll try to attach the photos, never tried this before! The hood is all there, it has rust internal, looks mostly surface rust inside. There are several places on the outside lips were there are rust spots that will have to be removed and filled.
    the hood has the front emblem and both side emblems. All the emblems have been drilled and screws put thru them to mount them to the hood. The front emblem, aside from the holes is in very good condition. (i've restored my truck and had a really hard time getting the front hood emblem or one in good condition). the side 3100 emblems aren't worth mentioning. If you want the hood, including the emblems, you can have them for $65 plus shipping cost. I saw one ad that recommended shipping by Greyhound bus.

Best wishes, Put-Put
    I can't figure out how to get the photos out of my Kodak s/w and insert them. if you want to send me your email, i'll send them to you.

8. federale

federale Member

Dang,put-put, I was just in Destin last week. Been going to Destin/Ft. Walton since about 1985. Next time out I'll buy you a beer or something!

9. BradChev Duty

BradChev Duty Member

Hey Dome

The hood is different on a 54. Hope the info helps in the search

Bad Brad

10. tate1369

tate1369 Member

josh i have a spare hood needs some work i am in rock hill sc

11. henry51

henry51 Member

I thought the only difference in the hood's were the holes for the emblems. I have seen several 47-53 trucks with the 54 hood and a few 54's with 47-53 fenders and grill. What is differnt?

Henry

12. joel laney

joel laney Member

have a hood

I have a spare hood from a 1953 and a 1950,you are in luck I live in kathleen Ga.