I6 Choke Control Spring Needed

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by vwnate1, Jan 11, 2013.

1. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

For my '69 C/10 .

This attaches to the exhaust manifold by two scres and is prolly lying on some old junker engne or exhaust manifold , fits most 194/20/250/292 CID Inline 6 cylinder engines from 1963 ~ 197? .

I'm in So. Cal. and will come remove it from your junk and pay cash or buy it.....

Oddly , I can't find one in the junkyards , they throw out the old 6 Bangers .

PLEASE HELP ! been looking over a year now .

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Pictures

This may be what I'm looking for ~ the truck is 30 miles away right now......

Back in the early 1970's I sold scads of these for about$2.50 each , now I can't find a catalog that even lists them or I'd have a brand , nomenclature and part number to search with......

HELP ! .

Attached Files:

3. TruckPoor

TruckPoor Member

Nate, I have one, but I cant find the rod that goes to the carb. Chris

4. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Gimmie !

I'll bend up a new rod......

Where are you located ? .

5. TruckPoor

TruckPoor Member

Arizona. Should only take you 8 or 9 hrs of driving. Or I could send it in the mail to ya. Chris

6. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

PM Sent !

Snail Mail please .

I wish I had the time to drive over , I like getting out of town .

THANK YOU ! :) .

7. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Got it !

From a nice fellow who's on this very forum .

I installed it to my worn out 250 CID engine with it's ruined and leaky manifolds , now she starts right up in a LARGE cloud of dense blue & black smoke , lucky for me the gentle pre dawn breeze blew most of the cloud over my fence into the yard of the drunken b*tch who lives next door :p .

I'll adjust the pretzled choke rod a bit shorter soon so it'll not choke it quite so much and set the idle down faster but for now it is very nice not to have the feather the foot feed a while to keep it running when it's cold .

8. TruckPoor

TruckPoor Member

Glad the choke is working out Nate. Would not be fun without one, and as cold as it was last week. Chris

9. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Cold Starting Drill

With gasoline co$ting $4.00 the gallon , I like not having to keep pumping it to stay running .

For those who don't remember (or are too young to know) how to properly set the automatic choke ~ key on , depress the throttle to the floor once , release it then crank the engine ~ it should light right off WITH THE THROTTLE RELEASED and slowly begin to gain RPM's as the raw fuel is drawn in , as soon as you hear it ' luff ' , give it just enough thorottle to speed up a bit and clear out and run on all cylinders, then gently ease off the throttle and the engine will continue to run at a fast idle as you get out and open the gate , or fasten & adjust the seat belt , radio and so on , roll your first cigarette & get it lit and drawing nicely before moving off .

This clapped out 250 CID L6 now does this *perfectly* as God , Generous Motors Corporation and The Rochester Carburator Division intended :D .

The oil smoke clears out pretty quickly .