Impossible Parts?

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by Colin's56, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Colin's56

Colin's56 Member

Hey Guys, I have two questions on two different parts!
    The first is: has anyone out there ever see a trim piece like this for sale? (first picture):eek:
    The second is: does anyone have a transmission cover like this one for sale? (second photo):confused:
    Both Items are for a 1956 3100 1/2 with the Hydromatic 4spd automatic, the 3rd, 4th, 5th, 6th, and 7th photos are for your viewing pleasure:D
    Thanks, any info will be greatly appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Sweet truck !

...Even if it is a V-8 :rolleyes: .

I know it's hard to believe but , one upon a time , Hydromatic Equipped trucks were quite popular and therefore fairly common .

Sadly , old Delivery trucks were typically run hard then scrapped making these parts hard to find now but they do pop up now and then .

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

I second brother Nate's comments. That truck reminds me of my grandfather's back in the '60's. We hauled a lot of catfish in the bed of one just like that skillfully angled out of the Kentucky Lake.

I'm sure you've come to the realization that the V8 emblem is sold by almost every vendor out there including our host, but the 3100 hydromatic emblems are not being repop'd at this time. One alternative would be to find a reputable chrome shop that could re-chrome them for you.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Love your truck!

Ken

4. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

I would look on ebay for the pan. I have a 59 gmc with a 270 six and a hydramatic trans and found my pan on there.

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

The Sad Thing Is :

Back when I were a laddie , I used to see cheap ($500 or less) Task Force light duty trucks equipped with the wonderful Dual Hydromatic tranny but I never bought one because they were always V-8's :mad: .

6. chevymantrucks

chevymantrucks Member

Ya thats why i bought my 59 GMC because it is a rare combo 270 "6" and a automatic trans.

7. Guest5979

Guest5979 Guest

nice truck

Lets see some pics of the engine
    thanks
    robert:d

8. mike 16

mike 16 Member

wow! gotta say its sure a nice truck. I love the old hydro's.

9. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

Collin: I'd start looking at that master cylinder. Appears to be leaking to me. All go and no whoa makes for lots of body damage.