info on history of truck

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by saylavie, Apr 25, 2004.

1. saylavie

saylavie Member

Does anybody know the web site or phone number to search the truck history? I`ve searched at General Motors of Canada but they don`t have any history of American made trucks,its more to find out if its all original to restore or customize it a bit.:D

2. 4JSAToo

4JSAToo Member

I was watching this post to see if someone would come up with an answer. interested in finding out the owner history of my truck also. As I write this I'm thinking maybe that kind of info isn't released for general information. But if you do get a line on how to check, I'd appreciate you letting me know.
    Thanks..Bob:)

3. smoov330

smoov330 Member

If you are looking for the previous owners heres what you do. You have to call you DMV and do a title search. Depending on the state you might have to send it in writing and some states have a fee. I did this on a vette i had and it was registered in Miss and then Texas. Was even able to contact some of its owners. Cooolll

4. 4JSAToo

4JSAToo Member

Just what I was looking for....Thanks :)

5. saylavie

saylavie Member

A few years ago I called General Motors of Canada with the VIN for my 56 Buick Special & they sent me all the vintage info on where it was built ,how many were built that day, that year, the colors ,the # for the whole car . A great package for $25.00, the info was worth knowing its history, any one else with info are more than welcome to reply. Thanks , Marc:7 :D

6. MY 57 CHEVY

MY 57 CHEVY Guest

[updated:LAST EDITED ON May-24-04 AT 05:24 PM (CST)]Call GM @1-800-222-1020 and ask for a restoration packet. It's FREE ! I called and hope to get mine back soon.I also have the Catlog of Chevy Truck ID Numbers 1946-1972 book . It help some. Brandon