Initial pre-final assembly fit-up of the '52

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by spika, May 12, 2011.

1. spika

spika Member

Well, we got some of the bigger parts coming back together now...I think it's looking pretty nice. Am anxious for the wheels and tires to get here...that will make quite a difference...

[​IMG]

Still have to install the aprons and running boards...both will be the dusty rose color...should tie the front and back together better.

Engine is pretty well installed except for some hoses and the AC components, plus getting it all wired.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Actually had two beautiful spring days in a row...we gotta get this thing done so we can get it on the road!!!

2. Elky67

Elky67 Member

Hey spika,

very nice looking truck! The two colors are a great combination and sets the truck apart.
    What colors do you use for the interior?

3. ccharr

ccharr Member

Those are really great colors for that G . However I see you have not taken that truck to the Dentist. Here is a photo of Wolf showing Paul how far the front end needs streached to match up with the front axels and another photo of a G the owner gave up on trying to get the front beat out past the front grille/toof so it would not look like it could pick corn through a picket fence.

Attached Files:

4. Zig

Zig Member

Zoom Zoom!

You have to forgive Charles. He has a really bad case of G envy. It caused a fever spike that kinda got to his brain just a little... :(
    We keep him in our prayers, however. ;)

That is one SLICK looking truck! I am wondering about the other one in the background. A 54 F@%d with a flip front end?

5. ccharr

ccharr Member

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 13, 2011
  6. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

looking really good. you will be there soon.

7. spika

spika Member

Hey, that's totally understandable that the lower class is intimidated by the Gentle Man's Chevy. We have to be cautious not to call undue attention to our superiority or obvious elevated nature. Even the Alpha Male can be kind and gracious to the rest of the pack...

As for the background...oh, heavens no...that's the Studester...my 46 M15. Greatest model variation that Studebaker never made...

8. Zig

Zig Member

Soooo sorry!

Forgive me. I have washed my mouth out with soap.