Installing panel rear windows

Discussion in 'Classic Parts of America Talk' started by IROCS15, Feb 8, 2001.

1. IROCS15

IROCS15 Member

Does anyone know the "trick" to reinstalling the rear windows in barn doors on 60-66 panels or Suburbans? I recently purchased new window rubber from Chevy Duty and am finding it impossible to get the glass and rubber back into the channel in the doors. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    I also have to say that dealing with Chevy Duty is an extreme pleasure. I have done all of my ordering via the internet and I have had my parts within 7 days of ordering. What could be easier for a small shipping charge? I can't even drive to Grumpys and back for the shipping fee. (23miles one way) WAY TO GO CHEVY DUTY !!!!!!

2. Craig

Craig Guest

Are you using a rope to install it?If not first run the weatherstripping around the glass and get a 1/8 or 3/16 nylon rope and putting it in the groove thats for the metal on the cab.Wrap it all the way around and have the ends towards the inside.With someone holding the glass from the outside start pulling one side of the rope.It will pull the lip of the weatherstripping in.Let me know if you have any more troubles.
    Craig Hager
    tech1@chevyduty.com