K5 Re Paint costs?

Discussion in 'Paint & Body' started by schrankc, Sep 16, 2006.

1. schrankc

schrankc Member

I'm ready to repaint my 89 K5. Looking for someone in the Kansas City area who can do it for a reasonable price. Don't mind paying for good work, but don't want to get screwed.

Blazer is two tone. Also need to get the top done.

thanks

2. tech1

tech1 Member

Paint

Just remember when your trying to get a price on a paint job, that a good painter will not give you a price on the job before seeing it. If you get thrown a price without the painter looking at your truck you wont be happy. Theres a place in kansas city called Fineline Restroations,they do really good work, but the quality of paint and clear depends on what you want to spend. You can reach Shawn at 816-679-6603 and tell him Chris at classicparts sent you. Good luck with your project!:)

3. redbeast

redbeast Member

Good luck with your paint job!! I just went through the same ordeal with mine.
    I took it to roughly 10 shops to get quotes. I'm not sure how it is in your area but down here most shops wont do it unless you pay 3 times what the job is worth. All they are interested in is jobs where they can rip the insurance companies 3 or 4 times what the job is actually worth. Then they tell you " we don't do restoration or show work" ...so a decent paint job is considered show work ??
    I didn't want a 10K dollar job using house of color paint!
    I ended up taking it back to the shop that did it 4 times after the job was done. the last two were to remove overspray from other cars being sprayed at the same shop!
    I'm not going through that ordeal again! next time I'll have an independent do it and I'll set up a temporary spray booth for him in my garage! If I had the skill to paint I'd do it myself. I do just about every thing else on this truck myself. It's true "if you want it done right you have to do it your self.