Leaf Springs

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by KentC, Feb 15, 2009.

1. KentC

KentC Member

I purchased new front leaf springs and new shackles from this website provider - Classic Parts - for a 53, 1/2 ton. The qualilty of the springs were good, as were the shackles. They went on without any problem and I am satisfied with the product line(s) having bought from Chevy Duty for 4 years now - several thousands dollars in total. I really appreciate this site, for without it, my restoration life would have been much more difficult.
    KentC

2. ccharr

ccharr Member

Good to hear you are getting good parts. Nothing better than putting something once and driving away with a smile. Thanks for sharing that.

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

GOOD Leaf Springs

Were they stock leaf springs or the lowered ones ? .

Was the brand or manufacturer on them or the box ? .

Price please ? .

TIA ,

4. KentC

KentC Member

I did not notice the manufacturer, looked but did not see. They were stock, per catalog item and the price was $129 each, plus shipping. Another retailer had some cheaper, a national mailorder chain, but a girl answered and she could not tell me for sure that it fit the 53. She put me on hold forever, asked around, but still no cigar for Kent's assurance. Yes, they were cheaper, but I was afraid when I got them here they would be the wrong size - I knew they would probably be right from Chevy Duty, that being all they do, my past experiences, and knowing they are competent.
    Kent

5. el camion 51

el camion 51 Member

Well there was a good reason you didn't come get my leaf springs. The truck Gods knew I needed them. I crawled up under my truck to fix a motor mount and noticed one of my springs is broken right where it meets the front shackle.
    Thought it was sitting a little crooked. Glad yours worked out.
    Tim