Legally On the Road!!!!

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Wolf, Mar 2, 2010.

1. Wolf

Wolf Member

So today I "finished" the truck.

Changed the oil, transmission oil, that was really really nasty. Im glad to get that oil mud looking oil out of the tranny.

Last friday I took the truck to the inspection place, it passed:D Which in KS is just looking at the VIN and charging $10 bucks. Went to the DMV to get my new old 1952 KS truck plate.
    In KS you now are able to register a vehicle with any KS tag with the same year. All it costs is 17 bucks a year to renew my tags and registration.

I now have legal tags, insurance and everything. Im so excited the truck is drivable and has been running great!!! :D:D

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Awesome Wolf!

Feels good, doesn't it?;) Now, do us all a favor on the forum here. Drive that bad boy down (or up) to Zig's and inspire him to get off of high center and get his done!:D Have fun with it and remember to keep it properly maintained and it will last you a lifetime!

Ken

3. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

Sweet

Now anything you do to it is instant gratification and with any luck the money spent stays put for a looooong time.;)

4. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks a lot guys Ken I will do that soon I am hoping. If Paul has some time I would love to come down there and give him a hand with his ride, and cruise around in mine. Im sure he would be willing to drive it right???;)

Looks like I will have to buy new 3/4ton hub caps. had my old ones sandblasted and there isn't enough metal to save them. Oh well ya win some and ya loose some

5. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Yippie !

Good news indeed .

This is a truck right ? the hubbies will be fine , paint 'em with Rustoleum until you find some decent used ones .

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

I may have some left from mine, I'll try to look this weekend, as I'm out of town all week.

7. Zig

Zig Member

Do it! Do it! Do it!

Spring Break starts the 12th.:rolleyes:

If not then, ANY time between June and mid August!:D

I'm happy for ya, Brian! Drive that truck some for me, too~ K?

8. Wolf

Wolf Member

ol chebby: thanks for the offer. If they are 3/4 ton GMC then i would love to buy them from ya. I have had a very hard time finding them. They are pretty rare actually. Talked to Tom Myers in Miami OK and he comes across some every now and again.

Nate: I should have done that but I already sandblasted them and 3 of my 5 turned to dust... I will get them back and see what I can do. Oh well live and learn right!

Paul: Can't wait to come down there. Will look at my schedule and let ya know. not sure if I can be up there for spring break, but that would be so much fun!! Would love to help ya on your Beautiful GMC!!!! Maybe I can learn Something too!!!

9. Zig

Zig Member

More colorful language than you'd ever imagine? =^)

10. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Sorry, mine would be chebby. I do have a box of factory style chrome smoothies that haven't been installed.........I would think they would fit either 1/2 or 3/4T

11. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Or, maybe not. Jim Carter lists them for $67.50 ea., part # TR320.

Anyone else interested in the smoothies?$50 for 4 still in boxes.

12. Wolf

Wolf Member

Yeah that is my dilemma. Things are expensive, but they do look great. the 3/4 Ton ones are quite a bit larger then the 1/2 ton ones. I did try the 1/2 ton ones but they were too small. I wish they would have fit, would have saved some moneys

Paul: I can't wait. What else do you have to do to get your truck going?

13. Zig

Zig Member

Last edited: Mar 6, 2010
  14. Wolf

Wolf Member

Can't wait. In the summers my work has this thing they call Summer hours. which means i work 9 hrs mon-thurs. and a half day on friday. Maybe sometime this summer I can come down on a friday and hang out for a few hours!!!

Truck is still running great! driven it over 80 miles since i registered it :D

Just grin every time i start it up!!!

15. ccharr

ccharr Member

Good to hear you have the Truck on the road, enjoy.

16. Zig

Zig Member

Enjoy it! The weather is only going to get nicer!

Come down ANY time, Brian! I look forward to actually having time to just chat! Heck, I might even make it up your way if I'm waiting on parts~

17. Wolf

Wolf Member

Oh that would be awesome!!! there are lots of place here!!! I know how to get to all of them;);)

18. gypsy truck

gypsy truck Member

C o n g r a t u l a t i o n s ! ! !

WOO-HOO! On the road. Now how about some pictures of the finished product out on the road. Good going Bri. Hopefully, I will soon be right be hind ya.

19. Wolf

Wolf Member

Thanks Gypsy!!! I will get some pics for you guys soon. Have been so excited to drive it I just get in a drive i always forget to take the pics!!!:rolleyes:

Can't wait for you to get on the road too. Its so much fun

This last Sat night my wife and I went out for about an hour or so drive right around sunset! Drove around just having a great time. Stopped at Sonic to get some ice cream to go home and make Root Beer Floats. Sonic doesn't have A&W root beer, the best we think. We were listening to Sanatra on the Ipod, No radio yet. And the Guy brought us out our ice cream and said man I love your truck. Just makes me smile. He was skating out too, Felt like we were in the 50's

Great night

20. Zig

Zig Member

I am sooooooooooooooooo envious!!!!

Someday...

Sommmmmmmmmeday...