Link to online store?

Discussion in 'Forum Questions & Suggestions' started by FarmTruck, Nov 11, 2013.

1. FarmTruck

FarmTruck Member

Hey, webmaster -

There have been many times where I've been in the middle of a post or thread and wanted to look something up or add something to my online shopping cart.

Many times I've hit the Classic Parts logo in the upper-left, expecting it to take me to your Web site. You'd think I would have learned after the second or third time that the logo links to home for the forum.

I think it would be convenient for forum members and advantageous to Classic Parts to have a link to your commerce site on the forum pages. Unless, of course there is a policy that the two sites have to remain separate.

2. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

FarmTruck, that right there makes all the sense in the world.

I click the header and remove everything but http:// classicparts.com/ but your idea is definately more tech-savvy!

3. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

We've actually been looking into better integration between the forums and online store recently, but haven't implemented anything yet. Right now all we really have is that small "Classic Parts of America" link near the bottom right of each page, and it isn't even very obvious that that's where it goes.

I like your idea though. Try clicking the logo at the top left now!

The "Classic Parts TalK" link directly below it still goes to the forum index.

4. FarmTruck

FarmTruck Member

Thanks, Nick!

Thanks for doing that, Nick!
    I'm glad it opens a new window/tab. Otherwise I was going to have to ask for a link back to the forum!

5. Lakeroadster

Lakeroadster Member

Nice! Thanks for the upgrade,