Looking for a 235 out of any year b

Discussion in '1955-1959' started by lazys53, Oct 4, 2005.

1. lazys53

lazys53 Member

live in Sparks,NV, but my heart is in Cali.( I wil
    Hey fellas,I got his '53 with the 216, wanna upgrade to full pressure oilling system of a later engine.Like anywhere year between '55-'62. Does anyone have one just taking up space?Or maybe you might know of someone who does.Anyways, I'm from the 1947-1954 part of this website.No luck over there yet,lots of adise,but no engine that is close enough to drive to.Shipping is WAY too expensive.I live in Sparks,NV maybe someone might know someone out this way.I'm willing to travel to California and other close places.Give me a price and we'll go from there. Thanks fellas,---------> lazy

2. p51mustang

p51mustang Member

RE: Looking for a 235 out of any ye

Hate to say I had two, 235 motors and could not give them away,
    advertised for the longest time and a guy came from Calif, got one and Hate to say I gave the other to a guy that scrapped metal.
    My Brother Inlaw owned Mustang Auto Wreckers a few years back
    (Yes, right across from the notorius Mustang Ranch !!!)He's in
    Yerington now, but at the time all he delt with pretty much was 55-59 trucks dont know if the place is there but not that far from Sparks
    have you checked there for a motor,For what its worth?
    Good Luck!
    Allen

3. jwdutton

jwdutton Member

Another option would be to use a 270. That was a stock option in the late fifties and the same 270 was used into the late 70's. I think the rear mounts are the same and the front mounts are still available readily. I ran mine until my 350 swap with two one barrels and it was a sweet set up.

John

4. jwdutton

jwdutton Member

And, if you want to drive to Montana there are several 235's in salvage yards up here. No idea about their condition.

John

5. millerd

millerd Member

Hello, just posted a 235 in the for sale section (1958), but it's in Upstate NY. Engine is solid w/ 4 speed, but clutch starting to slip. Was running the truck up to when I pulled the engine this past Saturday. Have video-clip of it running & or photos. make an offer; it is taking up space. Pick up. In any event, hope you find what you need, best regards, David
    Attachments:
    https://talk.classicparts.com/images/attachments/4353ac6208bcda13.jpg

6. mikesters1950

mikesters1950 Member

Lazy, any luck on finding an engine yet? And what condition do you need? I may know of one that's been sitting for a while. I think it's out of a later panel wagon. Also, do you need intake, carb, etc? Let me know, and I'll check on it. I'm in Sacramento, so it's not too far.....Mike

7. backntyme55

backntyme55 Member

I KNOW ITS NOT CLOSE BUT I HAVE A RUNNING ONE IN TULSA OKLA.THATS ABOUT TO BE REMOVED FROM MY 55 SECOND SERIES THAT I DROVE AS RECENTLY AS ABOUT JULY. ITS HOLDING ME UP ON MY 350 SWAP AND FRAME RESTO. GOOD LUCK

8. steve

steve Member

Hello, I have a 1959 235 from a 3100 shrot bead, clean with 3 speed needing clutch, located in Virginia, have pictures, zip 22079. right off interstate 95. 14 miles outside Washington D.C.

9. lazys53

lazys53 Member

live in Sparks,NV, but my heart is in Cali.( I wil

Mike-sorry I haven't checked in on my post....kind of wrote it off for a moment....hey at this point Mike, if I could get 235 out of any year after '55 I'd be in great shape, cuz ALL I want is one with the fully presurized set-up. You know what I mean? Oil pump, filter and I'm set. Because my entensions are to put the 261 cam, solid lifters and 4 bbl carb. set-up. I can use a lil pick me up out here in this DAWM desert (that just happens to be on top of a DAWM mountain). So hopefully I haven't waitted too long, you can also reach me on my email, it would be more easiler,-- califulya@sbcglobal.net . Check you out soon, lazy/ Jerry