Looking for a 64-66 Chevy or GMC Short Bed Truck

Discussion in 'Trucks Wanted' started by shiftinggears, Feb 5, 2012.

1. shiftinggears

shiftinggears Member

I am looking for a 1964-1966 Chevy or GMC short bed truck. I would like to find an original, complete (or nearly complete), rust-free (or nearly rust-free) truck. Except for needing to be a short bed, I am open to any combination of bed type, engine, transmission, 4x4, color, etc. I would only consider a long bed if the truck was a factory 4x4. It can have worn and faded paint, minor dents and scratches, torn seat cover, etc (which means it can look like it has had 45 years of use). I am not looking for a restored truck. I am looking for something solid that I can clean up, do some maintainance and repair to and enjoy driving. I am located in Kansas City, but would consider a truck located anywhere within the US.

2. Flashlight

Flashlight Member

Greeneville, Tennessee....Looking out over the Smo
    I have an old friend that is getting tired and has decided that he can't finish a 66' short-bed, I think outside fenders. It is all there, mostly primered. There is a rebuilt IL6 engine. He will put it back togather some from where its at. He wants like $1500. I'd say the engine alone is worth that as I was told its rebuilt. Its in East Tennessee about an hour east of Knoxville. hate to see this truck unfinished. If you are interested let me know and I can get some pictures. 423-639-0581