looking for parts and info

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GMC Pickups Talk' started by towman1970, Apr 9, 2006.

1. towman1970

towman1970 Member

[updated:LAST EDITED ON Apr-09-06 AT 09:10 AM (CST)]i have an 1982 chevy 1 ton dually camper special. i have been having problems with my back brakes locking up before my fronts when im braking. i has a hydroboost sysytem on it, and ive checked the rear brake adjustment. all is good there also some type of hydrolic ride hight perportioning valve on the rear axle which im told senses the hight of the truck bed and sends the brake fluid to the rear brakes more depending on the amount of weight in the bed. this system is not hooked up the line is pinched off and the lever is very worn. does anyone know about this system or know where i can find any info on it i been trying for past 2 weeks and have come up with nothing. thanks for any info.

towman

2. nerfherder78

nerfherder78 Member

I don't know much about this setup myself, but the '88 Sub I bought for the drivetrain has one. Haven't really looked at the condition of it, but I can pull it out before I sell it to the junkyard if you want anything.

I only put about 130 miles on the Burb before I pulled the engine but never locked up the brakes. I've had my truck running with the diesel and hydroboost for 3 days and have locked up the rear twice already. Did the same thing last summer after I upgraded my suspension/brakes, just took me a week or so to re-learn the brakes on my truck, and now I have to re-learn them again.