Mecum, Indpls., 2017

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 50 Chevy LS3, May 20, 2017.

1. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

Well, I was off for part of a day and decided to stop by the Mecum Auction, again, after three years. Over 2000 vehicles for sale, you see about everything.
    It's kind of cool, like a car show where you can touch everything. Open the doors, open the hood, even start one up if you get a Mecum Rep. to assist you. If your really interested in something, I'm told you can get the owner and usually take one for a drive.
    Of course, I just walk around and look, because I'm not in the same world as these car buyers.

Anyway, I took a few pictures. Thought I would share.
    Just trucks that really caught my eye.
    100_5864.JPG
    100_5866.JPG
    100_5873.JPG
    100_5878.JPG
    This was kind of different...
    100_5874.JPG
    Steve.

2. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

And a few more. Not AD trucks, but, Really cool ones.

100_5868.JPG
    100_5869.JPG
    100_5877.JPG

The old 4X4's are really cool, I think. Sort of rare back then, and used mostly hard, as trucks. Nice to be able to look at one in good shape.
    In fact, one of the top ten, for Wed. sale, was a 1971 K10, shortbed, restomod, that really caught my eye. Went for $62000. Plus 10% buyer premium, Plus, if your not a dealer, 7% Indiana State Sales Tax.

UNBELIEVABLE!

Steve.

3. coilover

coilover Member

Really like the light green one because it's a THREE window. The 59 with the the Apache style SW bed is as attractive as a Cameo and way more durable. Probably have some opposing views here. 60 grand, unbelievable!, and I can't sell a 34 Chevy 2dr town sedan for five grand. Of course it only has a tube frame ($1600), new wood kit ($4500), Heidt's Super ride IFS ($2300), 8.8 Ford disc brake rear ($500), Alston coilover ladder bar ($1700), Walker four core Super Cool radiator (800), real Ididit tilt ($600), and my bare body buy price of $1500. Includes a running junkyard 350/350 for free. I'm trying pay someone eight grand to take it off my hands but I guess that's not enough. I know pre-36 GM wood cars are a pain to work on so I'll scrap the body and part out the rest. I have an identical 34 of my own except with the 5w coupe body that has had all the wood replaced with steel and it was a real PITA so I can see where the home shop people would steer clear. Lesson learned here.

4. denisf

denisf Member

Very nice!

5. Zig

Zig Member

I love the cab over! Nice! (And a mighty fine color~ )

6. 50 Chevy LS3

50 Chevy LS3 Member

The green, AD truck, in the first pic. looked good, but was not a flawless, restoration. The left door did not close and latch very tight, and the stamped ribs on the inside of the doors did not line up with the ribs on the kick panels. Most people would never notice.
    The '59, Napco conversion, 4X4, was, as far as I could tell, a perfect one. Really nice. And I got down underneath it. Truly remarkable.
    The blue, AD, had stunning paint, and was the best hot-rodded one I saw.
    The copper, '60s, 4X4, was an excellent driver truck, and I would love to have one like it to just drive every day in the summer.
    Yeah, Zig, the cabover was unusual, and very nicely done. If you notice, they incorporated some pickup rear fenders to kind of complete the fabricated carhauler bed.
    And, yes, the color is cool. What is that...Kansas City, FIRETRUCK, red?

Steve.

7. Zig

Zig Member

Indeed! There's sweet, and then there is *Saweet!*
    That thing is friggin SaWEET!