Mia a while....

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by ol' chebby, Aug 28, 2017.

1. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Sorry I haven't been here in a while, been busy with other non AD builds....bronco, ford trucks, 42 ford tudor, pantera, jeeps, mustangs, trans am, 53 chevy car, about to start a 2013 mustang drive train transplant into a 66 ford pickup and an upgrade to a 56 chevy truck. I am learning to speak the f@+d begrudgingly, because they keep wanting to pay me....
    I have,also gotten busy with my murals, recently been doing wild wing cafe logos in new stores, also a banner year in schools.

My photos are not coming up due to photo bucket wanting $40/month to host......Holy crap! We'll have to see what can be done to fix it.

Any of you facebook rs can look me up, Russ Petty, pineville nc, I post current projects there. As always, I'll answer any questions I can, can be contacted through messages on here. I'll try not to be a stranger here.

2. coilover

coilover Member

Hey Russ,
    Glad to hear you stirring about again. I have told people you were probably tied up doing step by step photos of your Ford I've been calling a 41 (42 is prettier) and come to find out it is just one small brick in a large wall of projects. The Photobucket thing SUCKS but at least on this site one can post direct. Try to tap on a few keys whenever you can squeeze in a couple minutes because your information is well received and respected.

3. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Actually it is a 41, phone keyboard is hard to type on.....
    The 41 is a looong term project, it is black, so that means perfect body work. The body shop has had it a while....as is typical. It has,as roadster shop chassis with all the goodies, brand new coyote 5.0 engine and 4l70 trans. I've had wheel vintiques custom build 18 artillery wheels that hold a stock hubcap, diamondback tires built a set of Michelin tires with 3" whitewalls for it. Classic instrument completely redid the guages with gps speedo, modern movement, led lighting and lots of little tricks.....a thing of beauty. They even built a custom tach to match.
    The car will have all modern conveniences but look stock.
    The Bronco I just finished is for the same customer. It is full custom and all badass!
    Trying to kick the Pantera out this week after a FAST 2 fuel injection setup, with FAST electronic ignition and locked out distributor. Installed tilt column, new carpet, covered interior panels, vintage air, remade center console guage panel and real pushbutton start/proximity key.
    Next is to revive a Fiat (Feeble Italian Attempt at Transportation ) that has been sleeping fir 5 years....

4. Larrys 48

Larrys 48 Member

Russ,
    Great to "hear" from you. I hope they find a way to preserve your How To string as it was very helpful in my rebuild.

ol' chebby likes this.
  5. Nick

Nick Administrator Staff Member

The How To photos are back!

6. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

Woo hoo! Thanks a lot!

Nick likes this.