more problems HELP!

Discussion in '1967-1972' started by crain, Jun 15, 2004.

1. crain

crain Member

im almost starting to dislike my truck.

ok heres the prob.. My truck will run. for about 30 min but only after recharging the battery... the wierd thing is i can leave my truck alone for about 2 weeks on a charged batt and it will still start like normal and there will still be power. but if i run it, it will die.. sooo the battery isn't getting recharged but..

i have replaced the alt,and the battery but i have no clue what is draining the battery.

2. crain

crain Member

-----it all started like this
    "Wipe out!! -Electric Problem"

A couple weeks ago I spun out on the freeway (hit nothing) with my 1969 chevy c-10 (292). After I spun out all of my electronics including ignition went dead. I got a tow blah blah blah.

When I first started to work on it all I did is recharged the battery. It started right up and so I thought it was good to drive for awhile. I went to the store later on that day when I jumped back into my truck and DEAD!

So then I bought a new battery, my truck worked for about a week then on my way to school I DIED (while driving). I went and bought a new voltage regulator then after another recharge I went over to my friends house, and in the morning it won't start !DEAD!. Grrrrrr...
    I am desperate please help me!!

“I test my alternator”( good) “new voltage regulator”
    “”When I remove the pos battery terminal after my truck is already started my truck will die”“
    “”checked fuses but from what I’ve seen they are fine”"

any advise is good advise it would just give me something to do

3. tech1

tech1 Member

check your fusible links}> :+ }>

4. crain

crain Member

ok..
    i checked the links but they all look fine the postive termial off of the alt is a little frayed but thats about it i am going to replace that later today. thanks --tech1--

i don't know if this will help ..but.. when i remove the postive battery termial it will still run