Museum of Automobiles

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Kens 50 PU, Oct 27, 2010.

1. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Thought that I would share some pics of my latest "Great American Road Trip". Evan (Coilover) and Dennis (dvalentine) should like these shots for sure. Knowing Coilover's love of anything built in 1937, I present 3 prime examples of styling for 1937. The two-tone pink car is a '37 Packard Model 120C w/ custom towncar body by Rollston. It was originally built for Mae West. The next car is a '37 Chrysler Airflow C-17. And finally, they have Val's big sister, a '37 Ford Phaeton.

The museum is located at Petit Jean Mountain State Park, just outside of Morillton, Ark, in between Toad Suck and Pickles Gap!

108.jpg

109.jpg

106.jpg

107.jpg

110.jpg

2. coilover

coilover Member

Wow, Ken, those ARE my kind of cars. When asked about my personal thoughts on old cars I tell people that the 30's was the decade that put Americans on the road, the 40's are OK, the 50's are just used cars, and the 60's should be stockpiled for the crusher. Not being completely inflexible I do like them in three colors---light blue, medium blue, or dark blue. By the way, the 37 Plymouth coupe that was found right after you and Bill checked out the 37 DeSoto for me is coming along, much more so than I have pictures of. Here is the chassis and the body with any cancer areas cured. Waiting on upholstery right now. Please don't let anyone copy the high tech tow bar.

Attached Files:

3. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

That Damned Force !

I see where the brand 'F' Touring rig was pretty sharp in 1937 .

I must wonder what kinda crappy museum doesn't even have one lousy '37 Chevy Coupe , then I remembered : of course ! they're all out driving and being enjoyed :rolleyes: .

Mae's car , like herself , was/is beautiful .

4. federale

federale Member

Re:Museum

If any of you guys are ever up that way,the Auburn Cord Deusenberg museum in Auburn Indiana is a cool place to visit. Lots of different cars on display there.

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Awesome place! Awesome cars. The museum at Petit Jean had a beautifully restored '33 Auburn V12 Boat Tail Speedster Salon.

105.jpg