My Rochester B Lives

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by jeffr1986, May 17, 2008.

1. jeffr1986

jeffr1986 Member

It's been a good day in the garage! I rebuilt my Rochester B carburetor over the last two days. Put it back on and fired up the truck tonight. Wow, what a difference. That old 216 sounds great again. I am somewhat of a novice when it comes to the engine and I was especially intimidated by the thought of anything to do with the carb. I knew it needed to be rebuilt or replaced and I finally decided that I could try a rebuild myself. After all, I would only be out $13 for the rebuild kit and my time. I could always take it in to somebody if I really screwed it up. That wasn't the case though. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. If you've ever thought about doing this, it's not that tough. I'm grinning ear to ear tonight. :) Just wanted to share with you all.

2. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Good on ya, Jeff!

Carbies are so easy! I spent 3 years during my summer years in college building Holley 2bbls in Paris, Tn. They are so fundamental, durable, and EZ to make good! Thanks for the memories. Butterflies rule!;)

3. willardgreen

willardgreen Member

Conguralations Jeff

Conguralations it's a Rodchester! You gotta love a 1-bbl rodchester, its stingy with gas and don't flood out. My first was a Quadrajet in 1971. It was abont $13 for the kit back then. I was broke college student :(and a factory rebulit was abont 10 times more than I had.:D