Need help identifying doors

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by 3kross, Sep 18, 2013.

1. 3kross

3kross Member

I'm working on what is supposed to be a 1951 GMC pickup and I'm working on the doors I believe the drivers door and been replaced it has a push Button handle and wing window and the pass side has a turn style handle and no wing window, What should be stock for a 51?

2. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

If I remember correctly, '51 was the last year of turn down handles and the first year of vent windows.

If I don't remember correctly, Ken, Nate, Zig and a bunch of others will be on my case.:eek:

3. Zig

Zig Member

I won't~

I'm the last one to ask... I (supposedly) have a 52 GMC with turn down handles and wing windows. I "assumed" somewhere along the way the PO had replaced the doors for better ventilation. :confused:
    Personally, I don't give a rip as long as they shut and stay shut. I do like the idea of toolin along with the wing windows scooping in fresh air and bugs. :rolleyes:

4. ol' chebby

ol' chebby Member

51 has turn down handles and a vent....1 year door. Push buttons and vents....52up. No vent and turndown 50 below.

5. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Yes Bill, you paid attention when we spent many aimless hours at the show and shine! As Russ said, 51 doors were a one year door with vent windows and pull down handles!

6. 3kross

3kross Member

Hey Ken thanks I need to post some pictures of what I got Il run to the shop later and do that. But the one turn down handle door I have dose not have a vent window what year would that make it?

7. Bill Hanlon

Bill Hanlon Member

The no vent window door is '50 or earlier.

8. 3kross

3kross Member

Ok Thanks I think what I have is a 1950 based off the door and I saw a post about cab mounts and tube shocks first year was 1950.