Need Help!!

Discussion in 'Performance, Engine, and Transmission' started by Shane_68C10, Aug 22, 2006.

1. Shane_68C10

Shane_68C10 Member

I built a fresh 383 stroker fo my truck recently and got it running and have been driving it for a few weeks. Now all of the sudden it is leaking oil bad around the header and runs down it and drips at the collector and smokes really bad obviously, its almost like its coming out of the exhaust ports on the head. Its not smoking out of the tail pipe and still has good oil pressure. I have no idea whats wrong, also somehow the coolant system seems pressurized it got hot and was leaking coolant out of side of the radiator?????? I dont understand, any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

2. dvalentine

dvalentine Charter Member

Private Message sent....

DV

3. redbeast

redbeast Member

Re-torque those header bolts!! One of the re-occuring evils of installing headers. You have to keep re-torquing them every few months.
    Check your radiator cap to see if it's the correct pressure for your application.
    Could be it's the wrong pressure unless you have a non-vented one on there which can be very dangerous in overheating conditions.
    You sure the radiator fluid is not coming from the overflow tube on the reservoir ? Sometimes when you overfill the coolant and the truck gets hot it will spill out some - usually as soon as you get home and turn the truck off in my experince.

4. Joesgarage

Joesgarage Member

It's just the valve cover leaking on that side.If you were putting out that much oil from the exhaust that cylinder would be dead and you'd be asking different questions.
    Steve