Need to have my head examined...

Discussion in '1973-1987' started by Truckemon, Mar 9, 2001.

1. Truckemon

Truckemon Member

I am (re)building a '75 shortbox c-10, which was actually once a 4x4, but someone, somewhere, for some reason switched out the suspension. I acquired the pickup quite by accident about 6 months ago, my girlfriend bought it with intentions of fixing it up, but quickly realized that it just needed too much. Rather than let her sell It, I gave her what she paid for it and soon found myself asking "why?" However in the few short months since I have absolutely fallen in love with this big, noisy beast, and have made some quite extensive plans for it. I've decided that the switch back to 4x4 will be too costly and labor-intensive for the moment, so I've decided to go with a more non-conventional approach. I came accross an incredible deal on a set of brand-new 37" tall tires, so Ive decided to fit these up to my unsuspecting k-10 wanna-be. Just curious if anyone has any tips, tricks or knows if anyone has even attempted this before... If all goes according to plan, the outcome should be nothing short of...interesting... to say the least.