Needed: a nice pair of Fenders

Discussion in '1960-1966' started by LongFl63, Jul 21, 2003.

1. LongFl63

LongFl63 Member

I just finished putting together my frame and suspension :)and I am now ready to begin body work. The only problem is, before my old man gave the truck to me he decided to let it sit out on grass for about 5 or so years:'(. I am going to try and salvage my cab, but I fear that my fenders are beyond anything I could do to save them. So I figured I would see if any of you happened to have a pair of fenders you were looking to get rid of I need the passenger more than the driver. *If they have some surface rust that is ok but no holes. I already have fenders with holes.E-mail me at my63chevy03@yahoo.com thanks

2. trustyrusty65

trustyrusty65 Member

It sounds like you're on the right track with your restoration if you've already finished the frame for your truck. About those fenders: I've never been able to find a pair worth ten cents at any junkyard or even a swap meet. I think your best bet would be to buy new ones or a repair panel and weld it in. If your fenders have a LOT of rust(like it goes from the lower tip all the way up to almost the hood)a half section is the best way to go. This piece is the easiest to weld in, too. If you can't weld, a welding shop will do it for a song if the fender is clean and bare and ready to weld. Good luck with everything, especially those fenders.

--TrustyRusty

3. cowboy

cowboy Member

i bought the reproduction fenders from our host and they fit but not quit like the originals but they get the job done and look like them so for 500$ you can get new fenders with out rust on them any where.
    Cowboy