New 48 3800 photos

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by Tailgater, Nov 27, 2006.

1. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Will insert headlights, parking lights and hang hood tomorrow if all goes well. Sorry about the dark photos but we had a bright backlight and it made the front dark. The grille is chrome with black back bars. I ordered a stainless strip for the hood. Taht wasn't what I was going to do but the hood was painted and we forgot the old strip so the easiest thing to do is put the stainless one on. With all the other chrome I think it will look good though. What do you think?
    Bill

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 30, 2006
  2. 54chevtruck

54chevtruck Member

Looks Great !!! Look forward to seeing more photos as you progress forward Steve

3. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Where's the cigars? That's one beautiful baby!

4. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Thanks, Guys. I will be glad to get tags and insurance. I really can't get insurance till it is finished but I got a lot tied up at risk till then. I may try to get some with pictures of the cab then up it when the bed is done. I plan to go with Farm Bureau who subcontract to another company for rods and such. I have my farm, house and all 4 cars with them so I should still get a good rate. What do you all do for insurance on these oldies?
    Gater

5. Boopster

Boopster Member

Farmers Ins

WOW!! looks great, cant wait till all of the Boop's truck is back from the paint shop. It is metalic candy apple red. Seems to be one of the favored colors (red that is) for these trucks. I have the hood, tail gait, doors, and all interior parts... HE'S STILL GOT ALL the rest!!! 9 weeks now, and i'm getting impatient.

We have already spoke to Farmers Ins. about the Boops truck since we have our 63 falcon and 85 1/2 ton with them. They gave me a quote of $30 per month for FULL coverage as long as we get it appraised by a local licensed appraiser of vehicles. The quote was as if it had a value of 20,000. I have over 10,000 invested and it's not even together yet. Of course this quote was before all the damage on the coast down here. Hope they will at least stick close to the quoted price. My agent advised that she has many vehicles of this era and she had no problem insuring it.

Anyway, yours looks great!!!

TB'sD
    1953 3100

:) :) :)

6. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Hey Gator looking great. I can't wait until mine is looking that good. Keep the pics coming!!!

7. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Posted some new photos. Boops Dad, I feel your pain. This guy is doing a great job painting but I hate to listen to the whine about how he's losing money on this truck cause it is old and nothing lines up right. I'll be glad to get it home.
    Bill

8. Kens 50 PU

Kens 50 PU Member

Bill, I got one word. Simply awesome! Wait, that's 2 words! You make us proud!

9. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Okay gator I'll make you a deal. I'll trade you my truck dead even and you won't owe me a thing!!!!:D

10. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Trade

Kevin,
    If I am to assume that, by your screen name, you have a 48 and, of course, that is what I have, what would I gain? I mean, come on, I would need to trade up at least a year!:)
    Seriously, it is getting kinda exciting. If it doesn't rain tomorrow I will probably drive it home and keep it here while the bed is being painted. Pretty neat Christmas present to myself, huh? I'll post some more pics tonight of tomorrow.
    Thanks for the comments,
    Gater

11. Zig

Zig Member

That is absolutely beautiful! I'll sendyou some magnetic KC arrowheads for the doors and some of those KC flags that go on the windows. Far as I can tell, that's all you have left to mull over.:D I'm happy for you Gater! If it was here, it would have a bunch of snow and ice all over it:( Try not to grin TOOO big as you drive that home!

12. WORKHARD

WORKHARD Member

47 Chev Pu

My Name Is Wayne And I Have A 47 With A 327 Motor In It I Have Had It For About 2 Months, I Love Working On It

13. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

Workhard,
    I see this is your first post. Don't be shy. There's a lot that we share about out trucks and a lot of other stuff. It seems we gain some therpeutic value from telling on ourselves too so don't hold back. We vary in age and expertise but we all have a love for these old trucks.
    Welcome,
    Bill

14. Tailgater

Tailgater Member

KC flames

Zig,
    Tell you what I will do. When I get a really good broadside pic of my truck I will add a couple of KC flames and such to it in PhotoShop and post it up for ya. That is the best I can do since this end of the state only knows one "pro" team..Go Big Orange!!!

15. Kevin's 48

Kevin's 48 Member

Gater,
    You wouldn't want my old truck, too many holes in it right at the moment. Mine is actually a 51 but I'm doing all of the necessary things to it to make it a 48. Some car shows are picky and won't let me in unless it is a 48 and under. So that's my reason for doing that to it. Plus I like the vent free door glass look. Your truck really is coming along very well. I think we're all very proud for you, I know you're excited about it.

16. Zig

Zig Member

Cooooooollll:cool: Gater- don't hate me, but as you play around with adding flames and arrowheads, you'll see an unbelievable sight develope before your eyes. Once this happens, there will be NO GOING BACK! You'll curse yourself for attempting this, and before you know it, the phone will be in your shaking hand and you'll find yourself uncontrollably dialing your painter's number:D I'm just jelous of course:D
    Hey Workhard- welcome to the site. There are some really VERY knowledgable people on this site! (Not ME of course:( ) But after asking and reading and doing, I actually gave advice... ...once. But hey, that's what makes this such a great resource! (not my one piece of advice- everybody elses) It just so happens that you and I have something kinda' in common. You HAVE a v-ate in your ride, I WANT a v-ate in my ride! (No mater how many telepathic messages my 228 tries to send me!) I bet I'll have some questions for you- like what kind of steering do you have? Talk to us!;)