New 5 window cabs

Discussion in '1947-1954' started by coilover, Nov 2, 2005.

1. coilover

coilover Member

Was reading my new Hot Rod (december) about the new crate camaro and in the article it stated the next project by this company--Dynacorn, was going to be 5 window cabs for 47-53. This might be old news but if the fenders, running boards, and beds currently available are combined with a new cab I guess rust would be defeated. Of course like all the stuff now days it will take the hobby from the little guy with his fun $1500 fun truck to $30,000 artworks.

2. vwnate1

vwnate1 Member

Is this the fibreglass company ? I know someone out there makes an AD cab now , it's very nice and can only be to the good for all of us IMO .

-Nate

3. coilover

coilover Member

The 69 camaro they have the article about is steel so when they say the next one offered is the 5 window I'm sure they mean a steel cab. I hope there is one at some upcoming swap meets in the near future--would be nice to look one over.

4. bullnose

bullnose Member

I was reading the Dec. 05' issue of Classic Trucks and Rob Fortier mentioned in the Driver's Seat article on page 10 that 47-53 steel cabs were soon to hit the market. Just thought I'd let ya know.

Bullnose

5. Longhorn

Longhorn Member

Yeah we actually own a restoation shop and the new cabs will be coming soon.... They are a steel reproduction licenced by GM. At this point you can pretty much buy the whole cab and weld it togeter yourself as they sell the dash, floor, lower back cab panel upper cab back (inner and outer) for either the 3 window or the 5 and a roof panel. Rummor has it thay are also working on the 70 Chevelle convertible and hard top and also other hardtop version of the Camaro not sure on the years on them and also a 67???? mustang fastback, not that we care about the fords.